RING Security Cameras
Ring outdoor security cameras come in a variety of models, the main variations are based on the power source and there is also an option to add floodlights.
- The Spotlight Cam Battery version uses rechargeable batteries and can be placed anywhere within range of your 2.4Ghz wireless router, no need to worry about having a power source nearby. The batteries last 3-6 months and a solar panel can be added so you never have to worry about it recharging them.
- The Spotlight Cam Wired is the same camera but with a plug for a nearby outlet
- The Spotlight Cam Mount, version is wired directly into a junction box replacing an existing outdoor light.
- The Ring Video Doorbell is a great option for any entryway and can be connected via hardwire or over Wi-Fi and hardwired for power.
- The Floodlight Cam is a great option meant for larger areas such as above a garage door, it features two additional LED floodlights.
It is free to monitor the cameras in real-time with the app and a 30 day trial of cloud services is included after that it is $3/month to view past recordings and $10/month for unlimited cameras at the same property.
If you’ve already got a doorbell and are now considering adding security cameras, it makes sense to save money and buy a multi-pack. It is important to note that the Ring camera system is 100% dependent on having a strong internet connection, if your internet connection goes down the system is worthless. There is no local backup or way to access the cameras outside of using the app.