Smart Motion Sensors
Motion Detectors allow you to monitor an area and are typically disabled when your system is set to “Home” to avoid setting off your own alarm. When you’re away they can be set to notify you, trigger an alarm or do a variety of different actions. The typical cost for a Motion Detector is between $30-42 and one is often included in home security starter kits. When paired with a compatible Z-Wave hub, this can be used to control lights, thermostats, fans, and shades.
Check out this video from Smart Home Tech Decisions a partner with RETI featuring RETI team member Brandon Doyle as they review these 6 motion sensors available on the market right now to help you decide which is best for your home!
- Nyce – Zigbee – works on SmartThings and Hubitat, long battery life
- Samsung – Zigbee – works on SmartThings & Hubitat
- BeSense – Z-Wave, works on SmartThings & Hubitat
- Monoprice – Z-Wave Plus, doesn’t automatically connect to SmartThings
- Aeotec – Z-Wave Plus, works on Hubitat and SmartThings, not currently supported by Abode
- EcoLink – Z-Wave Plus works on SmartThings & Hubitat
Click to rate this post!
[Votes: 0 Avg: 0]